Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Questions

Well, the first of 3 doctors appointments done and under our belts. The dermatologist wanted to put Evey on a med for the skin rash that she has. This drug has alot of side effects and she would have to take it for the rest of her life. I'm not fond of that one. If she has to take a med for the rest of her life let it be when she is older. The side effects I thought were a bit scary for a 7 yr old person to have to go through. I know that not everyone gets every side effect but I just don't want to take that risk. Then in doing some on line research on this drug I found another med that is all natural herbs and according to this web site it has no side effects . . . first thought is really? Then I thought if this is true and this drug really does excist and it does work where do I sign her up. I did ask the derm. about the fact if she does start this med and 20+ yrs from now is married and she wants to start a family how would that play into affect with that. As far as the pregnancy its self should be alright but the troubles could come in is if she wants to nurse.
I am just so torn so we are going to talk to her ped. tomorrow and get her take on all of this. What do you all think? Do I get her on the med the derm. wants? Do I investigate this new herbal med.? Whats your guys' take on this one?

1 comment:

The Lamonica Family said...

Yikes... there HAS to be something else besides this drug. SHE IS ONLY IN 1ST GRADE... the rest of her life? NO WAY would I sign her up. There HAS to to be something else!!! Maybe temp use to clear it up?? But really... what does the drug DO that she would NEED it the rest of her life? WOW hun...