Monday, April 11, 2011

good news not so bad news

Well I'll start with the not so bad news. I called the Dr.s office this afternoon to see if anything has come in yet for the blood work on Evey, nothing yet. When I took her in to get the blood taken they took 3 vials of blood, and 2 of 3 came in and once that last one comes in then the Dr. will call me with the results. Again I don't like waiting cause I want to know. So I guess I have to and only time will tell. The more that time passes I am thinking that she does have this, but then again I won't know for sure till that last test comes in and the Dr. tells me yea or nea.

So now for the good news, this is not just good news this is news that makes mom and dad proud!! I got a letter in the mail today addressed to 'to the parents of Evelyn Doyens'. I got nervous, but then I saw it was from a place called National Schools Project, then I got a little more nervous. Opened the letter and read the word 'congratulations' and got instantly happy and excited. Evey's teacher submitted her class' poems to this and Evey's poem is one of many chosen to be part of the 'Young American Poetry Digest'. I ask how cool is that!! Jim and I are so very proud of her for this and so can not wait to read her poem!! We are going to be ordering copy's of the book for us, but if any of you that read this wants one let me know and we an arrange something. Each book is $15.00 so we would pass that cost on to you just let us know within the next week or so. With all that this lil lady has been through she is so awesome!! Such a trooper! We/I could not ask for a better daughter! This is great/super/awesome!!

Well, I'm tired and my bed is calling since I am now the only one up and awake. Good night world and hope you all sleep well.

No comments: