Thursday, April 21, 2011

general update

Hello friends, Well doctor appointment number 2 done and under our belts. We've decided to hold off on any drugs for lil Miss Evey for right now, we shall see what the summer holds. Turns out you can have the rash that she has and not have the gluten sensitivity. One of the triggers for this rash is heat, very much like heat rash. And if we do decide to give her meds for this its going to be a short term basis only! Her poor lil body has been through so much to put her on a med just breaks my heart but if its a must I will.
Evey is now eatting lunch at a table sort of by her self. The school has a table set aside for those kids with peanut allergies. Well turns out that there are only 3 kids with this and to have a table, which is two 6 ft banquet tables at one for just 3 kids we are splitting it for Evey and the peanut gang . . . no pun intended. Anyway, I hate to do this to her but till we find out how allergic she is to this its really the only way. Better to be safe than sorry right now. The only way to see how sensitive she is, is to wait and she how she reacts to it once she has been living in a 100% gluten free zone for some time and her body is happy again. I am hopen that it will be when school starts up again, but only time will tell. We finally found a breakfast cereal that she like with a bowl of milk, praise God!! I bought today chocolate gluten free doughnuts, chicken nuggets and fish sticks so we shall see how those go. I also got gluten free salad dressings/dippin sauces. Slowly but surely things are coming together. I do have to get new kitchen supplies that are of a porous serface nature. Means all my wooden utincles, cutting boards and anything else of these natures. Does this mean I can get a kitchen shower to help with the cost? I am hopin that with the finding that all of the foods that I get are a tax write off due to it being a medical expence, if that goes toward the kitchen stuff to as I replace it/them? That is another phone call I have to make. The list is getting long and longer. Well ta ta for now and God bless you all! Thank you all for your prayers for I fell them every time I get over whelmed with all of this. Thank you!

4 comments:

The Lamonica Family said...

In order to deduct medical expenses...
You can only deduct the amount that exceeds 7.5% of your adjusted gross income.

Ex/
Your family makes $100,000 (income... before most deductions)...
7.5% of that is $7,500
Say your out of pocket expenses are $10,000... then you can deduct $2,500.

With food... you must compare it to the normal price of a similar item...
Say FLOUR... Normally $3... Gluten Free is $8 so you can only use $5 overage!

So you add up all the overages from all the foods and put that with medical expenses...

take that amount and see that it is more than 7.5%... anything MORE than 7.5% is deductible! :)

Also... it would ONLY be for Evey... not the WHOLE family!
So whatever Evey would use... not the whole family...

I would hire someone and save EVERY receipt! :)

http://www.celiac.com/articles/279/1/Tax-Deduction-for-Gluten-Free-Foods-as-a-Medical-Expense-for-Diagnosed-Celiacs-Only/Page1.html

Nancy Doyens said...

True, but if Aj and I have it then might as well clam it for the entire family. Not sure if Jim is going to get tested or not.

The Lamonica Family said...

Oh
didn't know you both had it too?!?!

Nancy Doyens said...

From what I have heard that one, we, meaning Jim and I could be carriers and not have it. And two if we do have it we could be having differant signs of it then Evey had. Thats why its so over looked cause there are so many differant side effects that its hard to pin point. Aj got his blood work taken on Tues. and I have to go today and mine taken. I have to call a dr for Jim and see about him getting tested.