Monday, November 13, 2006

life and death thoughts

I was on the way to my folks house last night and started to think how funny life works with matters of life and death … why I don’t really know why I was thinking this, I guess with the 1 year anniversary of Pastor Ken’s death right around the corner I started to think. I was thinking of all the things that were happening in my life one year ago this month mainly with the upcoming week(s), and what I was doing. I was starting morning sickness with our son Andrew. I thought it was strange how one life was coming to an end while still another was starting. Actually AJ was one of 3 that boys starting their lives during that time. Of course I think that AJ is the best of all 3, but then again I’m the Mom so I will side with him.

Then 2 years ago from 11/10 my Grandpa Bruce when to heaven to be with wonderful wife and Jesus … it’s times like this when I miss them so!! But I know that is just the way life works. It’s a comfort to me to know that I WILL see them all again … someday!

For all of those that visit this blog this week, please keep Jim in your prayers mainly for Wednesday. See for his schooling he has to pass a welding test in order to graduate in September. He goes in for another swing at it 11/15. This will be his 2nd attempt and he is getting nervous about it, which means in turn that I’m getting nervous. As soon as he passes this test in our minds eyes he is graduated even though he still has 4 more weeks of schooling to go through. I will keep you all posted as to what happens. Thank you in advance for the prayers!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

im praying
~liz~

Nancy Doyens said...

Thank you Liz.

Brittany said...

mine was one of those 3 lives that began this time last year! so much has happened, it hardly seems like we have only been here 1 year and 3 months...wow

Nancy Doyens said...

I know what you mean Brittany!! And the same thing ... sort of ... will happen when you start your 2nd pregnancy ... if there is going to be one. You will compare it with what you went throu with Luke.