Monday, October 30, 2006

Thankfull for CBC



I just wanted to say a little something about the church that I attend. I’ve been going to Central Bible Church since I was as old as Evey is now … WOW 3 yrs on the 3rd of November!! Anyway, and now my children are going to be able to grow up in the same church and come to know God the same way that I did. I was listening to a trio sing a song that gave me goose bumps … that means that the song was wonderfully sung and chosen. That’s when I started to think about the blessings that Jim and I have gotten from the church this year, and I’ve totally been slacking on saying Thank you to them all. So if you are reading this and you know how I’m talking about please share this with them … Thank you!!

This year, for most of the year we’ve been down to just one paycheck and the blessings came during that time. Jim lost his job in Feb. and found a new one in May, the for the month of June, July, and 1/2 of Aug. I was out of work for the pregnancy and delivery of our son AJ. During the time that Jim was off he was doing some work on the Toddler Nursery that Pastor Ken asked him to do before his death about a year ago now. The board of the church gave us a gift card to Wal-Mart, which came in handy with the baby coming. It came in handy with having to buy formula and getting BOY clothes for him. It was something so nice and totally unexpected that Jim and I went to bed with tears of joy that night knowing that we will be alright.

It’s really amazing how God will help out those that are faithful to him, and stay straight with the Lord … as Pastor Ken would say.



PS ... Hey Melinda I fixed my blog so you will be able to post a comment from now on! Sorry about that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi this is Elizabeth Sadler fron cbc!
i hope you don't mind, but i got your address of Brit's blog when you commented, but ive had fun reading about your kids and how God has blessed you!
there soo cute!
~liz~
ps. here's my blog if you want to look at it.
www.toog-stuff.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

Nancy-these pics are excellent! I'm envious, where did you have them done?!

Nancy Doyens said...

They were done in my living room. The company that does the one day pictures at Mercy did them. When they took AJ's picture I must have signed up for a free home seating so I thought might as well use them for his 3 month and Evey's 3 year pictures. I got them in last week or so now the hard part comes. Deciding who gets what pose ... that is so very hard cause the Grandparents want everything!